Salem Elementary is a PBIS school. Faculty members around the school are always on the look-out for students who are demonstrating "SPOT-on Behavior."
S how Respect
P ractice Self-Control
O wn Your Actions
T hink Safe
In addition to our school motto, we will work together as a class to determine what rules and values are important to us as a classroom community. I will post our rules after we've brainstormed, discussed, voted and agreed on the rules as a classroom!
Goals of Love & Logic...
- Set limits in the classroom without anger
- Build strong, trusting, positive bonds between student and teacher
- Help students solve their own problems by thinking through their actions
- Give students choices
- Support, nurture and motivate students by instilling in them the belief that they are capable of achieving their goals
- Get and keep students' attention
- Create responsibility in the classroom
Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
- Students will show kindness and respect for themselves and others
- Use kind words and kind gestures
- Help others without hesitation
- Work together